The Harrisonburg Rockingham Metropolitan Planning Organization’s (HRMPO) 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) will create an effective framework to address current and future community needs.
HRMPO, which is staffed by CSPDC, is in the process of developing the 2045 Plan, and is offering virtual and in-person opportunities to get involved. Phase 2 of the Plan is focused on gathering feedback on a list of proposed transportation projects, known as the draft Universe of Projects.
Projects on the list were checked against public input as well as regional and statewide data sources to determine whether they met defined transportation needs, and align with the community’s vision, as identified through the Phase 1 Visioning Survey.
Community members are invited to share feedback on the draft Universe of Projects through September 16, 2022. You can:
- Explore the interactive map and leave feedback on specific projects via Metroquest
- Register for and participate in our webinar on August 16 at 7 p.m.
- Drop by one of our open house community meetings
- August 18 from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. at Lucy F. Simms Community Center
- August 31 from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. at Turner Ashby High School
Feedback on the draft Universe of Projects will be used to identify which projects will be included in the final Plan, guiding transportation investments over the next 25 years to support the needs of the region and its future growth.
Visit hrvampo.org/lrtp for more information and to sign up to receive email updates on the LRTP.