The CSPDC has the following job opportunities:
Finance Director: Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission (“CSPDC”) seeks an experienced Finance Director to join our 16-member planning and leadership team. CSPDC is a regional planning organization serving 5 counties, 5 cities and 11 towns in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. CSPDC provides high-quality planning; public administration; grant management; fiscal management; project development and implementation; and technical assistance services to member jurisdictions. CSPDC also offers program support to state and federal agencies, as requested. CSPDC’s broad focus areas are Affordable Housing, Economic and Community Development, and Transportation Services. In addition, CSPDC operates a small-urban public transit system (BRITE) in the Staunton-Augusta-Waynesboro area through a turnkey contract with a transit service provider. CSPDC’s primary office is located in Staunton, Virginia. www.cspdc.org
This senior-level position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for directing and supervising the fiscal operations of the organization:
- Develop and execute the $14.5 million annual budget, which consists of grants, contracts, and operating funds.
- Manage the accounting system, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general bookkeeping functions in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) established by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Provide financial administration for grants and awards, including interpretation of award documents and compliance with terms of award.
- Manage preparation and submission of payment requests for all programs.
- Prepare and submit various federal, state, and other financial reports in a timely manner.
- Manage time-tracking and payroll processes, and certain human resource functions.
- Prepare, interpret, and communicate financial results to the Executive Director and the Commission through written reports and verbal presentations.
- Prepare information for and respond to requests from the third-party audit team during the annual audit.
- Prepare annual Indirect Cost Allocation Plan (ICAP), and reconciliations for various government agencies as required.
- Advise the executive team and staff in developing individual program budgets, and applying for and monitoring grants and awards.
- Supervise Fiscal Technician and related staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, business administration, or related field.
- Experience in a senior-level accounting position with knowledge of governmental fund accounting.
- Familiarity with grants and modified accrual accounting methods highly desired.
- Experience with QuickBooks Pro or other accounting software.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving skills and ability to interpret complex technical regulations.
- Supervisory experience and experience with Human Resource functions highly desired.
- Strong sense of duty and adherence to high ethical standards.
Starting salary range of $75,000-$90,000 depending on qualifications and experience. Position offers comprehensive benefits package. Majority of work is performed on-site in an office setting; a limited telework schedule is available when warranted. For consideration submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Executive Director, Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission, 112 MacTanly Place, Staunton, VA 24401 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are reviewed in the order received. Position is open until filled. EOE
Planner I/Planner II. Professional member of a regional planning staff. This position provides planning services for localities which may include a broad range of services such as economic development, transportation, transit, environmental, emergency management, housing, recreation, and capacity building. Duties include developing local and regional plans, writing and managing grants, making presentations, and completing reports. Duties performed under the supervision of senior staff. Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public Administration, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred. Ability to analyze information and develop creative solutions and/or alternatives required. Oral and written communication skills and ability to facilitate group meetings required. Computer skills including database management and Microsoft Office required. GIS experience is desirable. Marketing, social media, and graphic design a plus. Organizational, time management and interpersonal skills are needed to be successful in the position. To be considered send a resume and cover letter to Bonnie S. Riedesel, Executive Director, Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission, 112 MacTanly Place, Staunton, VA 24401 or to email@example.com. Position is open until filled. This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary range: Planner I $40,000-$55,000; Planner II $45,000-$65,000 depending on job classification and qualifications. The CSPDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.