On-Call Consultant Program
The CSPDC established the On-call Consultant Program (OCP) to facilitate delivery of planning, architectural, engineering, and other professional services for local and regional projects. The program is a service available to local governments in the Central Shenandoah region that are part of the joint procurement contract. The service can be included in the scope of our Project Management and Grant Administration services, or as stand-alone service for projects.
Services We Provide
Planning and Engineering Consulting. Nine firms were selected through a federal and state compliant joint procurement and selection process. This included a Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) pre-award audit which allows these consultants to provide services on transportation-related projects. The selected on-call consultants are available to assist with a variety of planning and professional service needs.
- A. Morton Thomas & Associates (AMT)
- Draper Aden Associates (DAA)
- Kimley Horn
- Timmons Group
- Vanasse Hangen Brustlin (VHB)
- Whitman, Requardt, & Associates (WRA)
- Mangum Economics
- Colley Architects
- Launch! Consulting
These consultants (including their sub-consultants), are under contract with the CSPDC. Upon request for these on-call services, the CSPDC facilitates the approval of the consultant’s scope & fee for the locality’s project. Based upon the locality’s consultant selection, CSPDC issues the notice-to-proceed.
- Quicker Turnaround. The typical time required to contract for professional services is a minimum of 45 days for the solicitation and selection process. This includes the time associated with the development of a Request for Proposals (RFP) or similar document, the costly advertisements in multiple forms of media, and the interview and selection process.
- Reduced Overhead. This streamlined contracting of professional services reduces the project's overhead through the availability of pre-qualified consultants and reduces the consultant's overhead related to the RFP process.
- Completed Pre-Award Audit. Transportation projects funded through VDOT or Federal transportation agencies may require a Pre-Award Audit to be completed on the selected consultants, which is performed by VDOT's Audit Division and can take up 60 days or longer. The consultants in the CSPDC's On-Call Program have completed a successful Pre-Award Audit.
Typical Planning and Professional Services Projects
- Evaluation and engineering design of public facilities and utilities
- Long-range transportation and transit studies or plans
- Corridor and small area studies
- Safe Routes to School construction projects
- Site evaluations and design
- Bike-ped, trail and park planning
- Landscape and architectural design
- Environmental site assessment
- Ann Cundy, AICP (email@example.com)
Contact the CSPDC staff listed above with any On-Call Consultant program questions.
The CSPDC accepted proposals from interested firms to participate in the On-Call Consultant program. A notice of a decision to award was issued March 15, 2022.