The GO Virginia Region 8 Council is pleased to announce that it is accepting proposals for projects to be funded through the State’s GO Virginia initiative.
Region 8 is home to two planning district organizations, the Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission (CSPDC) and the Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission (NSVRC). The Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission includes the counties of Augusta, Bath, Highland, Rockbridge, and Rockingham, and the cities of Buena Vista, Harrisonburg, Lexington, Staunton, and Waynesboro. The Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission includes the counties of Clarke, Frederick, Page, Shenandoah, Warren, and the City of Winchester.
The Region 8 Council has approximately $928,000 in GO Virginia funds to award to projects in the region. In addition, approximately $11.3 million in competitive statewide GO Virginia funds is available for projects.
Successful projects will address one or more of the region’s five targeted industry sectors:
- Financial and Business Services
- Health Care
- Information Technology/Communications
- Light Manufacturing
- Transportation and Logistics
Projects funded will address one or more of the region’s framework initiatives developed around the following broad areas:
- Recruit and/or retain the talent needed in the region
- Grow existing businesses, develop existing clusters, and scale-up small and mid-size companies
- Establish start-ups from commercializing university-based research and supporting entrepreneurs
- Support potential joint economic development activities such as site development and training initiatives
Projects supported by GO Virginia funding must:
- Involve private sector employment that pays an annual wage greater than $41,000,
- Include the collaboration of two or more localities,
- Commit non-state sources of matching funds (50/50), and
- Generate new spending to the Shenandoah Valley (not just recirculating local spending)
To submit a proposal:
For a project to be considered by the Region 8 Council, complete this pre-application. For a proposal to be included in the first round of review, the pre-application must be submitted to the Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission at email@example.com no later than Friday, October 13, 2017.
For further information about GO Virginia Region 8’s project priorities, please refer to the Region 8 Economic Growth and Diversification Plan with appendices that is available on the Shenandoah Valley Partnership’s website. Additional information about GO Virginia also is available on the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development’s (DHCD) website.